Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sun Kissed With Envy

I know this is late, but I have at least three updates for you back to back!

To start off we have a duel mani, of Sally Hanson Sun Kissed and Sally Hanson Green With Envy.

One thing you may see is the shorter nails.

I had a nail on my left hand that had broken off months ago, and once they really started to grow out, the small amount of nail missing really begin to be noticeable. And as different length nails (on me) drive me crazy, I shaped them all up so they match.

On with the colors! Sally Hanson Sun Kissed looks a glorious almost pumpkin orange creme here, as we had rain and clouds for a week with no sun to speak of (love the dark cloudy weather, but not the best when swatching), but in reality it is more peach than it seemed when I got it.

So it is not really a mate to Sally Hanson Green With Envy. It looks just how I wanted in on my nails in the picture, so it matches well there, but not outside of my camera.

It was also thinner than Green With Envy, so it took four coats to be opaque for me. That may just be what I had under my nails, but after three I could still see the nail line.




So here is where it got fun. While I had orange on the tips, under the nail, I applied Sally Hanson Green With Envy. I also used Nail Tek Foundation II to matte out the green to give it is different feel. I think that part worked well. I liked the shinny on top, matte underneath effect. I will have to try it again once I get a true matte top coat.




The picture looks exactly how I wanted this to be when I saw it in my head! But in reality, when on the orange and green are not quite suited to each other. Good idea, but I need a less peach orange for this to really work.



All in all, it was not a bad polish, just not orange enough for me.

Next up, fuchsia!

0 comments: