Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kiki and Konad

It is that time again!
I have a bright new color for you brought to you by the ever amazing Zoya!
I only found Zoya this year, just in time for their Earth Day Exchange.
I managed to get 14 colors because of that!
There they were! Fresh from the mail!


One of the colors I saw was Kiki, a bright pink with metallic like shimmer.
I do not usually wear pinks and reds, but with this, I just loved the color. Since the first time I put it on it ranked in my top five favorite colors ever! I just cannot get enough! I already have a back up bottle for the day when I run out.
Like with all of the colors from Zoya I have tried, the formula and application for Kiki was wonderful. It went where I wanted it and then stayed there. The pictures below had no clean up done around the edges.



Forgive me the poor indoor lighting, it was night when I took these, and I have yet to get a more natural light source to get night photos with. I will be doing my nails with Kiki again, so I will soon have an accurate picture up of just the color.

This is two coats of Kiki over a coat of OLRY White Tips. I have found, that when layering a bright or shear color over white, you always get a truer to bottle color than if you just paint it over a bare nail.
For neons and shear colors that still show the nail line with 3 or more coats, I would recommend layering them over a bright, pure white if you want them to look like they do in the bottle.
Not only will you get that bright 'just like the bottle' color, but if it takes more than two coats, you will be saving more of the color to be used at a later date. It will extend the use and you will get more manicures done out of it.

Saving money to spend on other polish colors is always a good thing!

I forgot to get a picture of just Kiki the next day when I put the Konad image on them, but at least you will get a much better look at the color.


This look was done with Konad plate m70 and was stamped three times to get the image to be a full nail image.
I did the stamping with Nicole by OPI Positive Energy. Positive Energy is a silver chrome. And as anyone who has stamped with a good chrome knows, they make some of the best polishes to Konad with. They are opaque in one coat so they will not be shear and will stand out when you transfer them over from the stamp to the nail.
At least with this chrome, the dry time was good. It was not too fast that I was unable or too rushed to be able to transfer the image onto my nail, but it also dried fast enough that no smudging occurred when I was rolling the stamp over the nail to get all of it covered.

I will be doing this manicure again, as I had to take it off too soon for my liking.
Perhaps next time I can manage full sunlight images.

Later! ^_ _^

0 comments: