Saturday, September 5, 2009

Illamasqua contest

The first true blog update is going to be for the Illamasqua nail art contest.
Last thing they need is a wall of text in their comment section.

I work 8 to 5 Monday trough Friday in a business casual job. The Inner Alter only gets let on on rare occasions, and the nails are the preferred way for her to make her statement.

My first Alter Ego entry is the calm side. The cool collected part.
Blue gradient glitter done light to dark makes for a cloud to sky look on the nail. The clouds and lotus blossom brings to mind a calm lake under an endless sky.

The inspiration - The Konad plate with the lotus I used for this look. Once I saw it, I knew what I wanted to do.

What was used - I started with two coats of Pure Ice Mint Dream. On top of that I used a franken of Pure Ice Oh Baby! and China Glaze Sexy In The City. It was done with 5 coats total to create the gradient look. The Konad stamping was done with OLRY White Tips. The Konad plates used were m66 and m7


The second look for my Alter is the darker side. No one said that a dark side had to bad, now did they? With night being my Alter's favorite time, the blue glitter in a dark blue base appears to be a star field on a cloudless night, or the vastness of space. The stars and the small plant are like a view from an open field as you gaze up at the night sky.

The Inspiration - The night. As well as the song Sinnerstate by Kilowatts and Vanek. The line in the song that brought the image of this to mind is "In suspension I feel darker than the night." Loved that line and it is on of my favorites in the song.

What was used - One coat of China Glaze Up All Night with a coat of a Hot Topic polish I do not think has a name... At least, I was unable to find a name on the bottle. It is blue base with blue glitter that in the right light can flash purple. The Konad stamping was done with Nicole by OPI Positive Energy. The Konad plates were m51 and multiple stamps with m3.

The last side of my Alter Ego is the feminine side. The more passionate side of the Alter. With dark red shimmer polish, the white plants and flowers bring a softer look to the nails white still making a statement.


The Inspiration - Was this image I found on the internet. The second I saw it I wanted to do nail art like it.

What was used - Two coats of Maybelline Salon Expert Unforgettable Red. To that I used OLRY White Tips and Konad plates m8, m21, m36-1, and m66. Six images stamped seven times were used to create the image on each nail.

A side note on this, in case anyone cares, those are my real nails. No acrylic, wraps or anything has been done to them. Just good genes, Nail Tek Foundation II, and a love of my nails looking a bit like claws.

All for now!
Till next time, enjoy creativity!

0 comments: